The Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do spread is for issues of disharmony, feeling out-of-synch, needing a tune-up, or trying to orchestrate a complicated arrangement. Each note of the scale has a different meaning, according to the mnemonics of the famous song from The Sound of Music:
- Do is "a female deer," and the card for this note describes the totem for the reading.
- Re is a "drop of golden sun," referring to a guiding light.
- Mi is "a name I call myself" and stands as the significator.
- Fa is "a long, long way to run," referring to the undertaking at hand.
- So is "a needle pulling thread" and points to elements that need to be brought together.
- La is "a note to follow So" and therefore the result of the previous synthesis.
- Ti is "a drink with jam and bread," referring to what will sustain this undertaking.
- "And that brings us back to Do," which offers a sense of progression from the first to the last card.
Here's a link to a sample spread we did regarding an ambitious music festival that sounds like the recipe for disaster.